Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default When i press tab in an outline I want it to indent the line not sp

I don't want a space I want it to move
1.
[tab]a.

not

1.
2.[tab] words..
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
garfield-n-odie

Please put your question in this big white space, not in the
subject line where it doesn't fit.

In Word 97 and 2000, click on Tools | Options | Edit | check the
"Tabs and backspace set left indent" box | OK.

In Word 2002 and 2003, click on Tools | AutoCorrect Options |
AutoFormat As You Type | check the "Set left- and first-indent
with tabs and backspaces" box | OK.