Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Buddy6811 Buddy6811 is offline

Default How do I restart the numbering in different sections?

Hi,

I am creating an user guide. Where I am numbering the steps. But when I
create a new section I would like to restart the numbering of the steps. But
Word 2007 will not let me restart the numbering without reformating my style.

The message displayed is: "Changing the number format for this list updates
the style "Block text_FE" and reapplies the style to each paragraph. Do you
want to continue? Yes/No." This is something that I do not want to do.

Note: I am using odd and even pages in my page layout.

Thanks,