Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
arye arye is offline

Default How can I change the default options in Word2003?

The default options of my Word2003 (e.g., update fields on Print, or When
selecting, automatically select entire word on Edit) keep reverting to the
original even after U changed them manually, both in the document and in
normal.dot . How can I change them so they stay changed?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Look at the AutoNew and AutoExec macros at the end of
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm. They show how to set options at
each run of Word or on the creation of each new document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Arye wrote:
The default options of my Word2003 (e.g., update fields on Print, or
When selecting, automatically select entire word on Edit) keep
reverting to the original even after U changed them manually, both in
the document and in normal.dot . How can I change them so they stay
changed?

dunlopil dunlopil is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arye View Post
The default options of my Word2003 (e.g., update fields on Print, or When
selecting, automatically select entire word on Edit) keep reverting to the
original even after U changed them manually, both in the document and in
normal.dot . How can I change them so they stay changed?
After you setting all with your change, you can click apply and ok.
Setting will not change after you click that.
Its simple case.