Brenda

Default jumping curser

When I type using Word 2003, The courser jumps all over the place and starts
typing there. Like in the middle of a word in a line or two away from where I
am typing. Sometime it goes to a new space in the middle of the page. I was
typing in an email that was forwarding and then suddenly I was typing in the
email address part from the person I was forwarding. There is no notice just
you have to look to find where the courser is typing. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dwhite Dwhite is offline

Brenda...I have exactly the same problem. I type 10 characters then "bam"
the curser moves to another spot on the page...I type 100 charcters "bam" it
jumps again. And, on and on and on! This is extremely frustrating.
I took the suggestion regarding the touch pad. I don't think this is the
problem.
I am at a loss and I am sure Brenda is in the same boat.
Thanks
Dwhite

"Brenda" wrote:

When I type using Word 2003, The courser jumps all over the place and starts
typing there. Like in the middle of a word in a line or two away from where I
am typing. Sometime it goes to a new space in the middle of the page. I was
typing in an email that was forwarding and then suddenly I was typing in the
email address part from the person I was forwarding. There is no notice just
you have to look to find where the courser is typing. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chris Chris is offline

This has nothing to do with a laptop. We are having this problem in office
with our computers. So this is a software problem. There needs to be a fix
for this problem. How? I don't know but mircosoft needs to address this
problem.

"Brenda" wrote in message
When I type using Word 2003, The courser jumps all over the place and

starts
typing there. Like in the middle of a word in a line or two away from

where I
am typing. Sometime it goes to a new space in the middle of the page. I

was
typing in an email that was forwarding and then suddenly I was typing in

the
email address part from the person I was forwarding. There is no notice

just
you have to look to find where the courser is typing. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FW13 FW13 is offline

I know this is an old post, but I'm having this problem as well and haven't
been able to find a solution. Everyone seems to think this is a touch pad
issue, but it didn't happen when I was using Word 2003, only since I upgraded
to Word 2007. It's not as random as people think, it happens when a word is
automatically line wrapped. You type the word, it drops to the next line,
and BAM... you are staring at the middle of your document.

If anyone has a solution to this problem (and please don't tell me to
disable my touchpad/stik), I'm all for it.