Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MDales MDales is offline

Default Word Compare is backwards

I want to compare the current revised document to a previous version and have
never had a problem before. However, this time, my redlined document is
working backwards! the items I added are shown as deleted! It's like it's
doing the compare backwards, the active document is the old version instead
of the new one. I've never had the problem before. Is this a problem with
the document?

Both are Word but not sure what version the older one is, although I did
convert it to my Word 2003 version first and that's what I am calling my
"original". I suppose I can get around it by opening the older version first
and comparing it to the newer one instead...but this is not how it's usually
done and I'd like to understand why it is doing this backwards.

Thanks for any suggestions.