Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Alex[_5_] Alex[_5_] is offline

Default Strange font problem in table

Hello!

I encountered a very strange behavior.
I writing text in standard style formatting outside and inside a table in
11pt size. When I change the font size in the standard style formatting to
12pt, the text outside the table changes to 12pt as it should but the text
inside the table is still 11pt. When I change the font size in the standard
style formatting to any other font size (for ex. 14pt), the text in the
table is changing accordingly to it (14pt too) as the rest of the text
outside the table. Why is 12pt not working inside the table?
PS: When I manually select the text in the table and change via Ribbon:
start- font size to 12pt, it works.
Very strange.

Please help!
Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/tablestyles/index.html.

If you are working with a Word 2007 document (*.docx, *.docm, *.dotx, or
*.dotm) in Word 2007, however, you could try changing the document default
font: In the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), click the Manage Styles button,
and then click the Set Defaults tab. Choose the desired font and size. Click
OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Alex" wrote in message
Hello!

I encountered a very strange behavior.
I writing text in standard style formatting outside and inside a table in
11pt size. When I change the font size in the standard style formatting to
12pt, the text outside the table changes to 12pt as it should but the text
inside the table is still 11pt. When I change the font size in the
standard style formatting to any other font size (for ex. 14pt), the text
in the table is changing accordingly to it (14pt too) as the rest of the
text outside the table. Why is 12pt not working inside the table?
PS: When I manually select the text in the table and change via Ribbon:
start- font size to 12pt, it works.
Very strange.

Please help!
Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Alex[_5_] Alex[_5_] is offline

But it is interesting, that only 12pt font size is not working in the table.
Every other size is ok. Why?

"Alex" wrote in message
Hello!

I encountered a very strange behavior.
I writing text in standard style formatting outside and inside a table in
11pt size. When I change the font size in the standard style formatting
to 12pt, the text outside the table changes to 12pt as it should but the
text inside the table is still 11pt. When I change the font size in the
standard style formatting to any other font size (for ex. 14pt), the text
in the table is changing accordingly to it (14pt too) as the rest of the
text outside the table. Why is 12pt not working inside the table?
PS: When I manually select the text in the table and change via Ribbon:
start- font size to 12pt, it works.
Very strange.

Please help!
Alex