Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
SaraC SaraC is offline

Default Building Blocks: Can the blocks of text be shared with other users

I am very new to Word 2007 (have only used it for 1 month and am not using it
at my current contract position). I have been asked to find a solution for
writing up responses to Request for Proposals where a good majority of the
Blocks feature with this version of Word and believe it is exactly what we
are looking for. However, I need to know if the blocks of text that are
created can be shared with other users (that is, saved to a common place so
that others can access them) or is it only available to the person who
creates the blocks of text?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Yes. When you create boiler plate entries, by default they are saved in
normal.dotm. However, you have the choice of where to save them, so if you
create a specific template to store them, you can share it by copying that
template to other users placing it in their Word Startup folder.
Alternatively, you can change the File Locations for the Startup folder to a
new location on a central server: then all you have to do is place the
template in the server folder. You can do that for Company Styles,
AutoCorrect, AutoText and any macros that you want to share company-wide
too.

An alternative - depending on your needs - is that you can save particular
macros/styles and boilerplate entries to particular templates so that they
are only available when those templates are in use.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"SaraC" wrote in message
I am very new to Word 2007 (have only used it for 1 month and am not using
it
at my current contract position). I have been asked to find a solution for
writing up responses to Request for Proposals where a good majority of the
Building