Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] faceman28208@yahoo.com is offline

Default Separator Character

Do any of the default fonts in Word/WIndows have an ornamental scroll
separator, like the ones used to divide sections in books?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

There are some fleurons and vine leaves at characters 150-157 and 205-212 of
Wingdings. Wingdings 2 has similar ones at 97-104. I'm quite partial to the
decorations in the Minion Ornaments font, but that's an Adobe font that has
to be purchased separately (I got it with Adobe Type Manager eons ago).

Don't, however, overlook the "divider" clip art available. Use Insert |
Picture | Clip Art and search for "divider," and you'll find some nice
ornaments. If the art available locally doesn't suit, search the online
collection, which offers over 1200 pieces labeled "divider." Most of these
are quite unsuitable for documents, but if you limit the search to the
"Black & White" category, you can narrow them down to around 730. (Searching
for "vine" or "leaf" or "ornament" instead of divider will give different
results; if you look at the keywords for one you like, you can get other
ideas: decorations, flourishes, etc.)

http://word.mvps.org

wrote in message
Do any of the default fonts in Word/WIndows have an ornamental scroll
separator, like the ones used to divide sections in books?

footnote separator Bill Microsoft Word Help 1 November 12th 08 11:00 PM
Style Separator CJ Page Layout 2 September 12th 07 01:22 PM
When I type a character, the next character is deleted. Why? Amalgamalia Microsoft Word Help 1 December 8th 05 12:02 AM
chr(32) space character is a rectangular box character How to rename 2004.pst to 2005.pst Microsoft Word Help 0 February 15th 05 10:29 AM
Using ~~~ as a Page Separator The Yard Page Layout 1 February 2nd 05 08:18 PM