Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
RANDELL RANDELL is offline

Default FONT SIZE

THE LARGEST FONT SIZE THAT I CAN GET IS 72 PT IS THERE ANY WAY TO ENLARGE IT
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

The menu list only goes to 72, but you can type in any number you want. Word
does have a font size limit but I cannot remember what it is at the moment.
Also, please DON'T SHOUT, as you may wake everyone up! ;-)

Hope this helps
DeanH

THE LARGEST FONT SIZE THAT I CAN GET IS 72 PT IS THERE ANY WAY TO ENLARGE IT

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You can manually enter any font size between 1 and 1,638 points, in
half-point increments. The secret is to press Enter after typing the desired
size.

http://word.mvps.org

"RANDELL" wrote in message
THE LARGEST FONT SIZE THAT I CAN GET IS 72 PT IS THERE ANY WAY TO ENLARGE
IT

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PJY PJY is offline

Or you can use Ctrl+Shift then the to make font smaller or to make it
larger

THE LARGEST FONT SIZE THAT I CAN GET IS 72 PT IS THERE ANY WAY TO ENLARGE IT

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Interestingly, although that shortcut is meant to increase the font size to
the next *listed* size, above 72 it does still work, adding increments of 6
points at a time. The shortcuts Ctrl+] and Ctrl+[ increase and decrease the
size by 1 point at a time.

http://word.mvps.org

"RANDELL" wrote:

THE LARGEST FONT SIZE THAT I CAN GET IS 72 PT IS THERE ANY WAY TO ENLARGE
IT

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

That is interesting: I never realised that the Ctrl+Shft+ worked after it
incremented to the max size listed in the Font size dialog. I'm sure this
must be a recent change as I am sure that earlier versions didn't do this.
It is a long time since I tried it though - maybe Word 2000 or earlier.

In W2010, it increments 72 80 and in increments of 10 pts thereon.

Terry

"RANDELL" wrote:

THE LARGEST FONT SIZE THAT I CAN GET IS 72 PT IS THERE ANY WAY TO
ENLARGE IT

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I never realized it, either, because I'd never tried it. I'll try to
remember it, though, since I do tend to change font size by 6-point
increments when I'm trying to fine-tune large type.

http://word.mvps.org