Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] faceman28208@yahoo.com is offline

Default Table Cell Borders

Is there any way to change the length of a table cell border? I would
like the border lines to be shorter so that they do not meet in the
corners.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

No. It is either on or off for printable borders.

But borders can be set on a cell by cell basis. So maybe you could work
around this by adding a narrow row with equal columns to the left and right
to the top and bottom of your table. Add a border to just the horizontal
centre cell of the row so it simulates short borders for the table.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP