Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected] briandamkroger@gmail.com is offline

Default RD fields result -- Error! Cannot open file referenced on page 1

On Tuesday, November 30, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Nancy M. Potter wrote:
Tried RD fields and above result is what I get. All documents reside in
the same directory, so first did not put in the path. When I got the above
result (formatted as TOC field, style TOC1), tried putting in the path,
using double back slashes as required, and got same thing. What is wrong?
Am I missing some file in my software package?
Thanks for any help.

Nancy Potter
E-Mail: nancy_m_potter @mail.northgrum.com

I do not reference any other files, yet I still get a stack of these messages whenever I update the ToC.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Are you trying to update a table of contents when you see the error message?
In that case, press Alt+F9 to reveal the underlying field code. What do you
see?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP