Joao Luis Rita

Default Bug in Word 2003 (mail merge & date format)?

Hello all.

Just had a really weird situation. I have Office 2003 (portuguese)
installed. I imported an Excel 2003 file into access 97, then merged the
resulting table into a Word 2003 new doc. This table had a date field
formated for DD/MM/YYYY. When I merged, Word changed to the field to
MM/DD/YYYY and I couldn't find a way to undo this.
I then tried to merge from the original Excel 2003 file: same result. The
only solution I could find was to change the data field format from "date" to
"text" and re-merge...

I checked the PC's regional settings and they are ok.
As anyone had this problem?
Anne Troy

Try this, Joao:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/m...osoft_word.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy
"Joao Luis Rita" wrote in message
Hello all.

Just had a really weird situation. I have Office 2003 (portuguese)
installed. I imported an Excel 2003 file into access 97, then merged the
resulting table into a Word 2003 new doc. This table had a date field
formated for DD/MM/YYYY. When I merged, Word changed to the field to
MM/DD/YYYY and I couldn't find a way to undo this.
I then tried to merge from the original Excel 2003 file: same result. The
only solution I could find was to change the data field format from "date"

"text" and re-merge...

I checked the PC's regional settings and they are ok.
As anyone had this problem?

Joao Luis Rita

!!!!! Hell...

So, we now have more work to do than in the old, 97, version? Jeez...

Thanks for the info, anyway. I'll compare your solution and mine and see
which is less of a hassle

Cheers

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Try this, Joao:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/m...osoft_word.htm
*******************

Doug Robbins

I don't know what it at the site to which Anne directed you because it does
not appear to be available at the moment, but
see the "Dates: day/month reversed" item under the "Connection methods"
topic of the "Mail merge in Word 2002" section of fellow MVP Cindy
Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

--
Hope this helps.