Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Charlotte Charlotte is offline

Default Table expanding in wrong direction

I have inserted a 2 coloumn and 5 row table into a Word 2003. I have set
the column width and ticked the box to expand onto next page and not
specified the row height. When text is typed into the boxes they need to
expand down and flow onto the next page.

When I am inserting text the row expands off the page to the right or if I
enter down the boxes seem to move and overlap those above it......

Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks in advance

Charlotte

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

Goto Table, Table Properties, Options and uncheck the "Automatically resize
to fit contents". You may need to reset the width of your table but this
problem should not happen again for this table.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Charlotte" wrote:

I have inserted a 2 coloumn and 5 row table into a Word 2003. I have set
the column width and ticked the box to expand onto next page and not
specified the row height. When text is typed into the boxes they need to
expand down and flow onto the next page.

When I am inserting text the row expands off the page to the right or if I
enter down the boxes seem to move and overlap those above it......

Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks in advance

Charlotte

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Charlotte Charlotte is offline

Thank you Dean, this has reloved the expansion problem.

I am still having the problem where text is added and for some reason the
bottom boxes of the table overlap those at the top, if 2 more lines are
entered them it goes back to where it is supposed to go. If it were just me
i'd live with it but I need to distibute the form to various other
departments.

Any further help would be appreciated.

Thanks again in advance.

Charlotte