Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Red Red is offline

Default Saving Table data in txt format Tab delimited? Can it be done? How

I have tried to follow the instructions given through outlook and the data
from the table comes through but teh tabs that separate the fields were no
recognized. I end up with 4000 contacts instead of 400. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Give us more information on what you actually did.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Red" wrote in message
I have tried to follow the instructions given through outlook and the data
from the table comes through but teh tabs that separate the fields were no
recognized. I end up with 4000 contacts instead of 400. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Red Red is offline

Default Saving Table data in txt format Tab delimited? Can it be done?

I imported my contacts from MS outlook in Tab Delimited format
I used word to open the file and then manipulated the file to fit into the
table format. I needed to eliminate some data so all cloums would line up
properly.
I saved the work and then coverted it back to txt format.
I can still see the tab marks but when I try to import with Outlook it does
not seem to recognize the tabs?

"Red" wrote in message
I have tried to follow the instructions given through outlook and the data
from the table comes through but teh tabs that separate the fields were no
recognized. I end up with 4000 contacts instead of 400. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Are you saying that you exported the data from Outlook, modified it and are
then trying to import it back into Outlook.

You should have it as a .csv file for that purpose, or paste it into Excel
and then import it into Outlook from there.

--

"Red" wrote in message
I have tried to follow the instructions given through outlook and the
data
from the table comes through but teh tabs that separate the fields were
no
recognized. I end up with 4000 contacts instead of 400. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Red Red is offline

Yes Doug, We have about 10 contact folders that I am trying to merge into 1
folder. I am exporting them so I can eliminate duplicates and to make working
with contacts easier. We need to keep our notes intact. I would like to do
the CSV method but I understand the character limit for excel is 255 per
field, and assume my notes will be lost useing this method? When I get it
back into Outlook I was planning to use Duplicate Killer to do the merge.