Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PA PA is offline

Default Footnotes in Word 2003

How can I reference several points on the same page with the same footnote
number. I looked in Help, and learned that I most likely need to use
Continuous Section breaks to restart footnote numbering on the same page.
Is there a better way?

Thank you
Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Click where you want the reference located.
On the Insert menu, point to Reference, and then click Cross-reference.
In the Reference type box, click Footnote or Endnote.
In the For which box, click the note to which you want to refer.
In the Insert reference to box, click Footnote number or Endnote number.
Click Insert, and then click Close

This doesn't seem to superscript the reference, or show the footnote when
you hover over the reference. But you can control click to go to the first
number, and you can manually superscript the number. Hope this helps.
--
Rae Drysdale

"PA" wrote:

How can I reference several points on the same page with the same footnote
number. I looked in Help, and learned that I most likely need to use
Continuous Section breaks to restart footnote numbering on the same page.
Is there a better way?

Thank you
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PA PA is offline

Terrific, thanks.
I did need to change the font size of the cross referenced as it assumed the
size of the body text.

"PA" wrote:

How can I reference several points on the same page with the same footnote
number. I looked in Help, and learned that I most likely need to use
Continuous Section breaks to restart footnote numbering on the same page.
Is there a better way?

Thank you
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

No, use the "Footnote (formatted)" choice in the Cross-reference dialog.

"PA" wrote:

How can I reference several points on the same page with the same
footnote
number. I looked in Help, and learned that I most likely need to use
Continuous Section breaks to restart footnote numbering on the same
page.
Is there a better way?

Thank you
Paul

Footnotes in Word 2003 Risikio Microsoft Word Help 4 October 3rd 06 02:48 AM
How to enable Footnotes in Word 2003 when View Footnotes is OFF? Leechado Microsoft Word Help 1 July 5th 06 03:43 PM
Footnotes in Word 2003 mpt New Users 6 October 20th 05 01:27 AM
Footnotes in word 2003 Thayalan Microsoft Word Help 1 June 20th 05 06:47 PM
Word 2003 Footnotes Bruce Allardice Page Layout 1 January 14th 05 04:10 AM