Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ned23 Ned23 is offline

Default What causes Word to respond slowly?

What types of things can cause Word to slow down to the point where you are
typing faster than the letters appear? I'm working in a document right now
where that's happend. Usually a reboot fixes it.

Whatever it is only seems to affect Word. The IE box I'm typing in right
now is responding as fast as I type but the Word document is not.

Just curious.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tidamac tidamac is offline

I am having the same problem, and have tried some of the other suggestions I
have seen on the Microsoft site, none of which helped. My computer is less
than one year old, and I am very frustrated by this...

"Ned23" wrote:

What types of things can cause Word to slow down to the point where you are
typing faster than the letters appear? I'm working in a document right now
where that's happend. Usually a reboot fixes it.

Whatever it is only seems to affect Word. The IE box I'm typing in right
now is responding as fast as I type but the Word document is not.

Just curious.

dunlopil dunlopil is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidamac View Post

"Ned23" wrote:

What types of things can cause Word to slow down to the point where you are
typing faster than the letters appear? I'm working in a document right now
where that's happend. Usually a reboot fixes it.

Whatever it is only seems to affect Word. The IE box I'm typing in right
now is responding as fast as I type but the Word document is not.

Just curious.
Its mean your computer have lag a little. Because you open to much application or program. So when you did multitasking, you can not type fast in word.
I usually have case like yours. Because my PC not have high specification.