Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sky2312 Sky2312 is offline

Default normal.dot resets margins to incorrect size and unable to fix??

I am using Word 2k, my NORMAL.DOT opens with corrct margins, if I insert a
clipart and try to save it or print it, a message comes up asking me to IFX
or IGNORE. Whichever option I click on cahnges the right marin to 5.75cm,
and this does not print corrcetly. Have tried deleting NORMAL.DOT and setting
up a new normal.dot but the issue still arises. HELP PLEASE, cos it's
beginning to get to me now....I am a home office user trying to met a
deadline. Thanks for looking at my problem....an even bigger thanks if you
can resolve it for me.

Sky2312
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Does this happen with a particular document only or with any document?

Have you tried updating the printer driver?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sky2312" wrote in message
I am using Word 2k, my NORMAL.DOT opens with corrct margins, if I insert a
clipart and try to save it or print it, a message comes up asking me to
IFX
or IGNORE. Whichever option I click on cahnges the right marin to 5.75cm,
and this does not print corrcetly. Have tried deleting NORMAL.DOT and
setting
up a new normal.dot but the issue still arises. HELP PLEASE, cos it's
beginning to get to me now....I am a home office user trying to met a
deadline. Thanks for looking at my problem....an even bigger thanks if you
can resolve it for me.

Sky2312

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sky2312 Sky2312 is offline

Hiya Stefan, Sorry but it happens with any doccument. No i have not updated
the printer problem. This issue has occured previously biut cannot recall how
I resolved it, typical!

Thanks for your input to the discussion

Sky2312

"Sky2312" wrote in message
I am using Word 2k, my NORMAL.DOT opens with corrct margins, if I insert a
clipart and try to save it or print it, a message comes up asking me to
IFX
or IGNORE. Whichever option I click on cahnges the right marin to 5.75cm,
and this does not print corrcetly. Have tried deleting NORMAL.DOT and
setting
up a new normal.dot but the issue still arises. HELP PLEASE, cos it's
beginning to get to me now....I am a home office user trying to met a
deadline. Thanks for looking at my problem....an even bigger thanks if you
can resolve it for me.

Sky2312

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Perhaps previously you have reinstalled the existing printer driver, which
may sometimes suffice?

Also, how did you recreate the Normal template? Note that the way to do is
it simply rename it with Word closed and then have Word create a new one
with factory defaults. You can't replace Normal with a custom template.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP