Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] aaronep@pacbell.net is offline

Default re-installing clip art

I have Windows XP and Microsoft Word 2002. My computer hard drive
had to be re-formatted and Word reinstalled.

In doing so, the original clip art that came with Word cannot be
found.

Is there a way I can search for clip art files that might exist now on
the hard drive and if so, how can I install them so they can be
accessed from Word's clip art menu?

OR, if the clip art files are not now on the hard drive, how can I
find them either on the internet or Word's installation disk and
install them?

best, Aaron
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
WebColin70 WebColin70 is offline

If the drive has been reformatted and then written to, you can't recover
anything else from it now (there are companies who can try to search unused
portions of the drive for prior data at a cost of several hundred dollars,
but that would be your only option at recovery, and even that has no
guarantee that they could find any specific file, as it may have already
been overwritten).

When you install Word -- I think you must mean Word or Office 2000 or XP,
there was no 2002 version, but I think there may have been a Microsoft Works
2002, which included Word 2000 -- in the installation options, you can
select additional components to install, including Clip Art. You can also
access this through the Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Microsoft
Office (or Works or Word, depending on your actual version). Select Change
or Options (I can't recall, but your version will only offer 1 of those, so
pick whichever one it is) and then open the tree to find the additional Clip
Art and install it.

Hope that helps,
Colin

Re-installing Sue Microsoft Word Help 3 August 5th 08 07:21 AM
why cant i download clip art to clip gallery Barbara Microsoft Word Help 0 December 14th 06 05:57 PM
how do I add clip gallery 5.0 clip art to word 2003 bblibrary Microsoft Word Help 0 November 3rd 06 04:27 PM
Clip art gallery Word cannot access clip catalog, have restarted Kitty Microsoft Word Help 1 October 28th 06 06:26 PM
Installing MS Office after installing OpenOffice ggleavitt Microsoft Word Help 1 March 30th 06 01:23 PM