Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kim F Kim F is offline

Default Create error msg based on calculation result in formfield using VBA

I have a protected Word 03 form with a 2 column table in it (A1:B8).
In the table are 3 manual entry textbox fields that you can enter
dollar amounts into (B1, B2 & B3), and the remaining 5 fields (B4, B5,
B6, B7 & B8) have formula calculations. B4 is the sum of B2+B3. B5 is
a percentage ratio of B1/B4.

Basically what I'm trying to do is pop up an error message when B4
(the sum of B2+B3) is less than the dollar amount entered into B1. Or
another way of writing it is if B5 is greater than 100%, I need the
error message to pop up. Sometimes my code works, sometimes not, and
I've written many different ways, spending many different days (&
nights), but to no avail. I've tried declaring the variables
differently (currency, long integer, string), but I'm just missing
something with my programming inexperience. Thank you in advance for
your help!!

Sub Main()
Dim oFld As FormFields
Dim strNum As String
Set oFld = ActiveDocument.FormFields
strNum = oFld("Text36").Result
strNum = oFld("Text39").Result

If oFld ("Text36").Result oFld("Text39").Result Then
MsgBox "CELL B1 EXCEEDS CELL B4" & vbCrLf & "Use Alternate
Calculation"
End If
End Sub