Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michele Michele is offline

Default cross-reference acting weird

I have used Insert Caption and Cross-Reference a long time.
I am at a new job and they are not working on the documents here and I need
to know what setting to fix the problem (Word 2007)
When I cross-reference either a 0 or {REF...} comes up - how do I fix that
to show the figure or table # I want?
When I insert caption - NOTHING happens but a space! How do I fix that to
show a table or figure #?
It works when I open a document I have done at home and down-loaded - but
not any of my company's documents.
Help!
And Thank you!!!