Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ecn1942 ecn1942 is offline

Default Using the field NUMWORDS in QuickParts Field

I'm taking a class in short fiction and one of the requirements is that the
first page header include the story's word count. I tried inserting
QuickParts Field NUMWORDS which gave me almost what I wanted. Problem is
that the required number is NOT to include the story title and author's name
which appear on the first page. How do I insert a number that is equal to
NUMWORDS minus the word count for my title and name? I tried putting the
number to subtract in the document properties then inserting Field Formula
=NUMWORDS-6 but that didn't work. Can this be done so I don't have to
change the heading every time I edit my document?
--
The Islander