ASI ASI is offline
Junior Member

Default Hiring A Word Pro to help with template

OK, I give up. I have spend hours trying to fix what seems to be a simple problem. The macro in my word 2007 template has quit working. It is a simple macro that should insert a check mark and remove it when clicking on the box. I purchased a new computer, uploaded the same Office 2007 programs from my old computer now my template no longer works.

I would like to hire someone to fix this, seemingly easy, issue for me because I can't waste anymore time on it. I would like to also add some more functions to the template and would like to just pay someone to create a new template for me so I can move on with my life.

If you know your way around MS Word 2007 and can work magic with templates and macros please contact me.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you copy the old template onto the new computer?

(It's not an integral part of Office. Ditto any customizations you may
have done to your dictionaries, your AutoCorrects, etc.)

--
ASI

ASI ASI is offline
Junior Member

I have reviewed at least a dozen word forums, gone thru MS Online help files, tried numerous ways to attach my template to the word startup sequence, and the more I try the more confused it gets. The template works great on my other two computers, never any problems. I have no idea what gives with this new computer setup that is different from my other two computers. I'm running Office 2007 on all of them. The template just doesn't want to work and I have spent many hours, days, trying to figure it out. So, I am looking to hire someone to help me fix the issue. Please feel free to contact me direct if you think you can help and we can work out the cost. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post

On Jan 25, 2:41*pm, ASI wrote:
OK, I give up. *I have spend hours trying to fix what seems to be a
simple problem. *The macro in my word 2007 template has quit working.
It is a simple macro that should insert a check mark and remove it when
clicking on the box. *I purchased a new computer, uploaded the same
Office 2007 programs from my old computer now my template no longer
works.

I would like to hire someone to fix this, seemingly easy, issue for me
because I can't waste anymore time on it. *I would like to also add some
more functions to the template and would like to just pay someone to
create a new template for me so I can move on with my life.

If you know your way around MS Word 2007 and can work magic with
templates and macros please contact me.

--
ASI
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Can you post the macro here? If it is the one used in some older Word
templates, then the check box is a MacroButton field that actually runs two
macros alternately. The macros are called CheckIt and UnCheckIt, and they
depend on the existence of two AutoText entries, CheckedBox and
UncheckedBox. And the box requires a double-click unless you have another
macro that allows MacroButtons to be run with a single click.

Of course, as you no doubt no, the whole arrangement is a workaround for
using an actual Check Box Form Field, which would check and uncheck with a
single click but would also require the document to be protected for forms.

For more information about the first type of check box, see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm.

http://word.mvps.org