Nicole Jones Nicole Jones is offline
Junior Member

Default Hyperlinks attached to images not working after pdf

Hi I am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I use alot of images to navigate around large documents by attaching hyperlinks to images, using 'to a place in the document'.

In Word 2007 when I pdf'd the document I could still use the images to navigate, now with Word 2010 the hyperlinks are not working after the document has been pdf'd, however hyperlinks to websites still remain embeded.

If anyone can help me find a work around or something that would be great, the catch is, I still have to use the images.

Thank you

NJ
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This appears to be a bug in Word 2010 (when using Save As to create the PDF).
Text hyperlinks are still preserved, though.

As a workaround, you could try some third-party PDF converter.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Nicole Jones" wrote in message ...

Hi I am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I use alot
of images to navigate around large documents by attaching hyperlinks to
images, using 'to a place in the document'.

In Word 2007 when I pdf'd the document I could still use the images to
navigate, now with Word 2010 the hyperlinks are not working after the
document has been pdf'd, however hyperlinks to websites still remain
embeded.

If anyone can help me find a work around or something that would be
great, the catch is, I still have to use the images.

Thank you

NJ

Nicole Jones Nicole Jones is offline
Junior Member

Thank you Stefan for you assistance, worst luck the same thing is happening with the third-party converters also.

Its a shame Microsoft buggered up a really good function.

Thx again

NJ

[quote='Stefan Blom[_3_];493650']This appears to be a bug in Word 2010 (when using Save As to create the PDF).
Text hyperlinks are still preserved, though.

As a workaround, you could try some third-party PDF converter.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] samsudhagar2005@gmail.com is offline

You just down save it to 97-2003 version and try with adobe writer this will solve the problem