KarenCO

Default Why did link appearance change to show hyperlink wording?

For no reason, my word documents recent began showing links as {HYPERLINK
http://www.thomasstreet.biz} instead of the usual way--blue, underlined and
clickable. I tried working with Auto Correct Options and formatting, but
have had no luck. Any ideas? TIA
Shauna Kelly

Hi KarenCO

A hyperlink is a field. What you're seeing is the field codes, and what you
need to see is the field results. Alt-F9 will toggle between showing field
codes and field results.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"KarenCO" wrote in message
For no reason, my word documents recent began showing links as {HYPERLINK
http://www.thomasstreet.biz} instead of the usual way--blue, underlined
and
clickable. I tried working with Auto Correct Options and formatting, but
have had no luck. Any ideas? TIA

Bill Payne Bill Payne is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenCO View Post
For no reason, my word documents recent began showing links as {HYPERLINK
http://www.thomasstreet.biz} instead of the usual way--blue, underlined and
clickable. I tried working with Auto Correct Options and formatting, but
have had no luck. Any ideas? TIA
Shauna -
Thanks for your reply and simple solution to this devilish problem. Like KarenCO, I experienced the same problem. Your solution immediately corrected the problem. THANKS! - Bill