Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mike

Default Create multiple (virtual) pages per sheet?

I'm trying to figure out how to create multiple virtual pages for a single
8.5 x 11 sheet. For example, instead of using the label function I'd like
to have multiple 'pages' so that I can use Word's built in print from
functionality to specify which 'page' to print from.

I am NOT looking for booklet printing - this does not allow me to specify
the size of virtual page or specify the number of pages (it's designed for
double sided booklet printing - not what I'm looking for). I want to be
able to specify a size - eg 2 x 4 - and the layout of these pages (2 cols, 5
rows, .5" for margins).

Any thoughts on how this might be done?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Aside from the "2 pages per sheet" option (in Page Setup), there is not any
built-in way to do that. If you're looking to print pages smaller than the
paper, you can create them as full pages and use the "pages per sheet"
option in the Print dialog to print specified pages.

Your best bet would be a label setup combined with a mail merge to get the
data you want on the pages you will print.