Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vicky Campagna

Default How do I edit a footnote in Word 2003?

My Q says it all! I am using XP Home Edition.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe McGuire

Easy. Double-click on the footnote you want to edit and make what changes
you want. To see the footnotes change your view tothe Print View. (Go to
View, Print View)

"Vicky Campagna" wrote in message
My Q says it all! I am using XP Home Edition.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Print Layout view, you can click in the footnote and edit it directly. In
Normal view, double-click on the footnote reference number in the text (or
use View | Footnotes) to open the Footnote pane.

If you want to *delete* the footnote, DO NOT delete the footnote text;
instead, select the footnote reference number in the text and delete it.