Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kmorgaine

Default When I download documents they are opening in wordpad, not word?

Over the past few days when I download documents sent to me, they have
(mostly) been opening in wordpad. Even when I copy them and paste them in
Word, they save with a "wordpad" icon not a Word icon (though have .doc as
file extension). Also, it looks like most of my documents now all have the
wordpad icon, not Word, next to them now (although I have never created a
document in wordpad. Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/ReRegisterWord.htm