John in Bhopal

Default Word AutoRecovery files (.wbk)

I can see my Word AutoRecovery files (.wbk) but cannot open them. I get the
message "The document name or path is not valid." I am using Word 2000
(9.0.3821 SR-1). Please advise me.
Graham Mayor

Autorecovery files are not directly openable in Word, however, Word's
default automatic backup files are named
Backup of filename.wbk by default and these files should be openable in
Word. How are you opening them? From Word file open? From Explorer?
It would probably be worth re-registering Word to correct its file
associations. http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ReRegisterWord.htm