Lois

Default Header/footer toolbar does not appear when I use View/Header

When I try to view a header/footer I don't get the toolbar that shows same as
previous, link to previous, etc. How can I get this toolbar to appear?
Shauna Kelly

Hi Lois

First, try the simplest method. Do View Header and Footer. Now, Tools
Customize and click the Toolbars tab. If the Header and Footer toolbar is
ticked, then the toolbar may be displayed, but for some reason you can't see
it. Have a good look around in your toolbars, moving them around if
necessary, to see if th H&F toolbar might be displayed off screen or amongst
other toolbars.

If that doesn't work, see
My menus and toolbars are missing and won't come back

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ngMenusEtc.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word