Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim J. Jim J. is offline

Default Double-Click To Edit WordArt Text

In Word 2003 (Sob, I miss it terribly, and am sorry I left it for this
floozy, Word 2007 - but then, I don't have an opinion on that)....
Anyway, In Word 2003 you could access WordArt simply by double-clicking on
the WordArt text. Unfortunately, that functionality seems to be gone. Any
way of restoring this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

When you click on WordArt, the ribbon changes. I actually like this better.
All of the tools are there, plus some new ones. (At least I think they are
new.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jim J." wrote in message
In Word 2003 (Sob, I miss it terribly, and am sorry I left it for this
floozy, Word 2007 - but then, I don't have an opinion on that)....
Anyway, In Word 2003 you could access WordArt simply by double-clicking on
the WordArt text. Unfortunately, that functionality seems to be gone.
Any
way of restoring this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim J. Jim J. is offline

The Ribbon is a pain and a sham. I don't want to move all the way up to the
stupid Ribbon in order to access functionality that I used to have at the
point of interface/work. I want to stay near my point of work and do things
as quickly (and locally) as possible.

"Jim J." wrote in message
In Word 2003 (Sob, I miss it terribly, and am sorry I left it for this
floozy, Word 2007 - but then, I don't have an opinion on that)....
Anyway, In Word 2003 you could access WordArt simply by double-clicking on
the WordArt text. Unfortunately, that functionality seems to be gone.
Any
way of restoring this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Jim,

In Word 2007, if the WordArt item is selected you can Right click and choose 'Edit Text'.

=================
"Jim J." wrote in message ...
The Ribbon is a pain and a sham. I don't want to move all the way up to the
stupid Ribbon in order to access functionality that I used to have at the
point of interface/work. I want to stay near my point of work and do things
as quickly (and locally) as possible.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Like it or not Word 2007 is based around the ribbon interface. You could
right click the WordArt and select format WordArt, but is that any quicker
than picking the tool from the ribbon? Edit Text is the first item on the
ribbon and takes no more mouse clicks than double clicking the WordArt.

"Jim J." wrote in message
In Word 2003 (Sob, I miss it terribly, and am sorry I left it for
this floozy, Word 2007 - but then, I don't have an opinion on
that).... Anyway, In Word 2003 you could access WordArt simply by
double-clicking on the WordArt text. Unfortunately, that
functionality seems to be gone. Any
way of restoring this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim J. Jim J. is offline

Thanks, Bob, but I was already aware of that option. It's handier than
moving to the Ribbon, but still not as nice (or fast) as double-clicking.

"Jim J." wrote in message ...
The Ribbon is a pain and a sham. I don't want to move all the way up to the
stupid Ribbon in order to access functionality that I used to have at the
point of interface/work. I want to stay near my point of work and do things
as quickly (and locally) as possible.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim J. Jim J. is offline

The issue is speed. If I have to navigate from the middle, bottom, or
wherever on the screen - to the Ribbon - that means that I have to navigate
back and forth. That takes time. That is muda (waste).

"Jim J." wrote in message
In Word 2003 (Sob, I miss it terribly, and am sorry I left it for
this floozy, Word 2007 - but then, I don't have an opinion on
that).... Anyway, In Word 2003 you could access WordArt simply by
double-clicking on the WordArt text. Unfortunately, that
functionality seems to be gone. Any
way of restoring this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You've wasted more time than you will ever waste using this function
complaining about it

"Jim J." wrote in message
In Word 2003 (Sob, I miss it terribly, and am sorry I left it for
this floozy, Word 2007 - but then, I don't have an opinion on
that).... Anyway, In Word 2003 you could access WordArt simply by
double-clicking on the WordArt text. Unfortunately, that
functionality seems to be gone. Any
way of restoring this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim J. Jim J. is offline

Brilliant response! Let's see: Dis the person who asked the question, and
everything will be magically better. Right?