Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gscathell gscathell is offline

Default Problem With MS Access / Word Mail Merge

I have an Access 2003 db that I updated today with a new query to be
used for a mail merge letter thru Word 2003. However, when I select
the mail-merge option, and select my data source, my new query is not
visible. The only selections available are two tables. I have no
idea what is wrong and I'm not computer savvy enough to figure it
out. I'm at the end of my rope today. Any suggestions? Thanks for
your help.
geo
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Is the query based on another query as its record source? IIRC, a query can
only be used for merge if it looks directly at tables. Have you tried
starting from within the Access file using the Office Links Merge it with
Word button?

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones