Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
surrender surrender is offline

Default add textbox to edge of every page

Hi all,

i am writing my thesis and i have 6 chapters. I want to add a textbox
called "chapter 1" at a particular position to the edge of every page on
chapter 1. On chapter 2, i want the textbox "chapter 2" at a lower
position. A lower textbox for chapter 3 and so on. i want to do this
because its easier to jump to certain chapters by just flipping the
page in print format.
obviously i could manually copy paste but thats a lot of work and i
could not manage this with templates either.

Please help me out guys.

Using office 2003 on windows xp pro.

thanks in advance

--
surrender
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/ThumbIndex.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
surrender[_2_] surrender[_2_] is offline

wrote:
-

Hi all,

i am writing my thesis and i have 6 chapters. I want to add a textbox
called "chapter 1" at a particular position to the edge of every page
on
chapter 1. On chapter 2, i want the textbox "chapter 2" at a lower
position. A lower textbox for chapter 3 and so on. i want to do this
because its easier to jump to certain chapters by just flipping the
page in print format.
obviously i could manually copy paste but thats a lot of work and i
could not manage this with templates either.

Please help me out guys.

Using office 2003 on windows xp pro.

thanks in advance-

See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/ThumbIndex.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Thanks for the quick reply and good solution. Truly appreciate it.

--
surrender