Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Deadkeen Deadkeen is offline

Default Nudging

When I wish to line up using the nudge procedure in a line or box, the jump
it nudges is too big so does not line up with what I did earlier. I wish to
alter this to be smalller increments - can it be done in Word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

"Deadkeen" wrote:

When I wish to line up using the nudge procedure in a line or box, the jump
it nudges is too big so does not line up with what I did earlier. I wish to
alter this to be smalller increments - can it be done in Word?

Use CTRL-(Arrows) while nudging.
Also, since I believe that CTRL-Arrows nudges according tio screen pixels
(and not according to the drawing grid like the arrows do), "zooming" makes a
difference.

Select a smallish shape positioned next to a marker (a line, a dot, whatever).
Set the zoom to 50%
Do CTRL-Down Arrow
See how much the shape has moved in relation to the marker?
Do CTRL-Z to undo
Now set the zoom to 500%
Do CTRL-Down Arrow
See how much the shape has moved in relation to the marker?

Finally, nudging (or moving), especially objects anchored to paragraphs in
tables, may make the object "disappear" off the page. This is becasue the
anchor eventually moves and re-anchors itself to a new paragraph. To have
more control over that, lock the Anchor (Format Object "Layout" tab
"Advanced" button "Picture Position" tab Lock Anchor).