Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles W Davis[_2_] Charles W Davis[_2_] is offline

Default Error when trying to paste image into Word 2007

When I copy an image to the clipboard and then attempt to paste into Word
2007, I get the following message:

"There is a problem saving the file.
Usually this is because the disk or floppy disk is too small for the file or
is full, RAM memory is low, or there is a permission problem with the drive
the file is being saved to.
If the amount of disk space for a paging file is low, save the file to
another drive. If the RAM memory is low, increase available RAM. If
permissions to the drive do not allow you to save to that drive, save the
file to another drive or request permissions from the administrator to save
files to the drive."

Windows Vista 64-Bit. I have 397GB of free space on the hard drive. I have
8GB RAM. I have no floppy disk. The image is a .jpg of 3.58MB.

I had originally tryed to paste into a Publisher 2007 document, with no
results.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Have you tried using the Insert Picture method rather than copy/paste? See
if that yields better results.

Copy/paste is the worst way to handle any type of raster image. I don't know
that it necessarily is the root of your problem [since the introduction of
Photoshop I've never dealt with a JPEG of that size] but I'm guessing that
it is a major contributor.

If Insert Picture doesn't work (or even if it does) it would be a good idea
[IMHO] to process that image with a decent graphics app in order to render a
more appropriate copy at the necessary print dimensions & resolution. Even
an 11x3.3 inch panorama image @240 ppi saved as a Maximum Quality JPEG
should be no more than 1.3MB in file size. That's all you need for local
printing, and if for commercial printing JPEG isn't acceptable in the first
place.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones