Jan

Default Includetext Merge Field

I have a word document that is just our letterhead with the logo and the
attorney names in a text box (letterhead.doc). In my many merge templates, I
use the includetext merge field to merge in the file for the letterhead. I
had to change the names of the attorneys in the letterhead.doc, but it did
not update to any of the merge templates. I had to go into each individual
merge template and do a select all F9 update. Does someone know why it is
not automatically updating to the merge templates.

Thanks
Charles Kenyon

What happens when you do a mailmerge? or do you use mailmerge for this. As
an attorney, I would be very leery of having saved documents that changed. I
have my templates set up to bring in the latest letterhead information on
new documents, but the ones that have already gone out don't change just
because additional lawyers are added or the phone number changes. The
document on disk is the same as the one in the client file.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.