RRemy

Default insert Excel data into Word Mail Merge document

I have a Word document set up for Mail Merge, and I'm trying to incorporate
data from Excel into the merged document.

I'm developing a Bid Manual, and I'm creating 45 individual bid specs. Each
merged record needs to have its own unique (table/list/data--whatever way I
can get it into Word!)---this data is currently residing in 45 cell ranges (4
columns each, varying number of rows) in an Excel spreadsheet.

Oh, and I'm trying to make this process as automated as possible, since the
end users of this project will have minimum skills in Word or Excel.

I've tried all kinds of macros, links, etc. and I'm not getting
anywhere....anyone have any ideas???
Anne Troy

I may have JUST the thing, RRemy.
http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=381

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"RRemy" wrote in message
I have a Word document set up for Mail Merge, and I'm trying to

incorporate
data from Excel into the merged document.

I'm developing a Bid Manual, and I'm creating 45 individual bid specs.

Each
merged record needs to have its own unique (table/list/data--whatever way

can get it into Word!)---this data is currently residing in 45 cell ranges

(4
columns each, varying number of rows) in an Excel spreadsheet.

Oh, and I'm trying to make this process as automated as possible, since

the
end users of this project will have minimum skills in Word or Excel.

I've tried all kinds of macros, links, etc. and I'm not getting
anywhere....anyone have any ideas???

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UlJlbXk=?=,

Have you tried using a Database field to bring in the tables/lists from Excel
into a merge document? If not, see the article on my website for "one-to-many"
and the link to the sample file that describes how to do this.

I have a Word document set up for Mail Merge, and I'm trying to incorporate
data from Excel into the merged document.

I'm developing a Bid Manual, and I'm creating 45 individual bid specs. Each
merged record needs to have its own unique (table/list/data--whatever way I
can get it into Word!)---this data is currently residing in 45 cell ranges (4
columns each, varying number of rows) in an Excel spreadsheet.

Oh, and I'm trying to make this process as automated as possible, since the
end users of this project will have minimum skills in Word or Excel.

I've tried all kinds of macros, links, etc. and I'm not getting
anywhere....anyone have any ideas???

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org