Wordnewbie

Default Run-time error when trying to open a customized document template

I work on a small macintosh OSX network that shares a common Word template
for news articles that lives on a server. This morning, none of us could
access the template. When we clicked on the icon that was set up to open the
template an errror message "run time error '5137' the document template does
not exist" It then gives you the option of "debug" "end" or "help."
When you hit "debug" it opens Microsoft Visual Basic and at that point I'm
in over my head. I tried on one of the machines to reconnect to the templates
through preferences but that didn't help. On my machine preferences is grayed
out for some reason and if I try to select it I get another error "Run-time
error '91' Object variable or with block variable not set" again I have the
option to "debug" "end" or "help."
I have tried to help menu but haven't found an answer. I am not skilled at
writing Macros or using visual basic, so I need someone to help walk me
through this or point me to a good resource to use. Thanks.

Daiya Mitchell

Ask on the MacWord group:

See here for Google/Entourage gateway to Mac-specific ngs:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/community/community.aspx?pid=newsgroups

However, that template should also be accessible through File | Project
Gallery. On the New tab, it might be in a folder called Workgroup
Templates? I'm not sure, so explore a bit.

Start a new thread on the MacWord group rather than continuing here, where
your posts will get lost in the morass and people will say "Mac? Don't know
anything about that"

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/