mthayes62

Default HOW TO OPEN THE TEMPLATE BOX FROM WORD OPEN PROGRAM?

WHEN I HAVE WORD OPEN, BUT NO DOCUEMENT OPEN, I WANT TO OPEN A NEW DOCUMENT
VIA A CREATED TEMPLATE. HOW TO BRING UP THE TEMPLATE BOX WITHOUT HAVEING TO
OPEN TASK PANE AND GO THAT ROUTE ??
Jay Freedman

First, please find your Caps Lock key and turn it off. We don't like being
shouted at. :-)

Open the Tools Customize dialog. Select the All Commands item from the
Categories list. Then scroll down the Commands list and find the item named
FileNewDialog. Drag that item from the Customize dialog and drop it on the
toolbar or on the File menu.

As a toolbar button, this item has the text "Other..." and no icon. To fix
that, while the Customize dialog is still open, right-click the existing New
Document button and select Copy Button Image. Then right-click the new
button and select Paste Button Image. Now right-click it again and choose
Default Style. Finally, grab the old button and drag it off the toolbar to
delete it. Close the Customize dialog and try out your new button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

mthayes62 wrote:
WHEN I HAVE WORD OPEN, BUT NO DOCUEMENT OPEN, I WANT TO OPEN A NEW
DOCUMENT VIA A CREATED TEMPLATE. HOW TO BRING UP THE TEMPLATE BOX
WITHOUT HAVEING TO OPEN TASK PANE AND GO THAT ROUTE ??

CyberTaz

Hello-

Among other possible options, you could create a simple macro to generate
new docs based on the template & add it to a Menu or Toolbar.

Regards |:)

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM