MOB

Default unable to open zipped .doc attachment

Windows XP Pro
Winzip 9.0
Eudora 6.2
WordPerfect 12.0
Word 2000

I've recently upgraded myprimary word processor, WordPerfect, from 6.1
to 12.0 and yesteday I installed sp 2.

In the past, I have many times opened and later sent back zipped Word
attachments, even after I had upgraded WordPerfect to 12 a few months
ago.

Today I'm unable to open a zipped .doc attachment no matter where I
try -- in Winzip, Windows Explorer, or WordPerfect -- all tell me it's
an unknown file type. Yet it's .doc.

If I try to open the file from within Word 2000, it doesn't even
appear in the attachment directory! So I guess that means that Word
is not recognizing it?

WordPerfect 12 is noticeably more compatible with Word than it was
before. But whereas in 6.1, the Word attachments would open right in
Word, now they open in WordPerfect, I save them as Word documents, and
then open and proof them in Word. I think I may have set opening in
WordPerfect 12 as a default (not required in 6.1) but I can't
remembeer where I did this or if and how I can change it so this isn't
so rigid.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

MOB

I succeeded in opening this attachment. I had not properly
"extracted" it before trying to open it. I'm sure that in the past,
I've always opened .zip attachments just by double-clicking them. So I
don't know why I had to go through this extracting process this time.
Can anyone suggest a reason?

Thanks.