Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kathryn Groves

Default File Save Location Default correction

I have in Tools -- Options -- File Locations... my files set to default
to the My Documents folder.

However, when I newly open MS Word -- it is defaulting to the Office folder
(in the Microsoft Directory).

How do I reset this -- as it appeart to be set correctly.

MS Office 2000 on WIN XP Pro

Kate

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Kathryn,

I have in Tools -- Options -- File Locations... my files set to default
to the My Documents folder.

there are a number of options in this list. Which one is set to this location?

However, when I newly open MS Word -- it is defaulting to the Office folder
(in the Microsoft Directory).

Defaulting... Where are you seeing this (what context/dialog box)?

Did you upgrade over an earlier version, or is this a clean installation?

How do I reset this -- as it appeart to be set correctly.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kathryn Groves

the doc files (not templates... etc)

When I first open word -- type a doc -- click to save... it opens to the
Office Directory ... not to My Docs. I have opened no previous docs during
this session of Word.

This is a clean install -- on a relatively new PC --

I am not "stupid" when it comes to Office -- I have MOUS certification in
W/E/P/A... but this has me puzzled.

Kathryn

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi Kathryn,

I have in Tools -- Options -- File Locations... my files set to
default
to the My Documents folder.

there are a number of options in this list. Which one is set to this
location?

However, when I newly open MS Word -- it is defaulting to the Office
folder
(in the Microsoft Directory).

Defaulting... Where are you seeing this (what context/dialog box)?

Did you upgrade over an earlier version, or is this a clean installation?

How do I reset this -- as it appeart to be set correctly.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

Try deleting the Word data key in the registry (see
http://www.gmayor.com/my_toolbars_are_missing.htm ). This will force Word to
reset the configuration of tools options. Check also that you do not have
any add-ins that could affect Word's behaviour -
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...sInstalled.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

Kathryn Groves wrote:
[...]

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)