Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
barbarajustus barbarajustus is offline

Default Word keeps giving message that changes are being made to template

I have been getting a weird message when I start up Word that changes have
been made to my "template" and asks me if I want to save them. I uninstalled
and reinstalled Word but the problem persists. Is this dangerous? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The changes are probably being made by a poorly written add-in. You can find
and disable the add-in, although it may take some detective work. Read
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...514521033.aspx.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

barbarajustus wrote:
I have been getting a weird message when I start up Word that changes
have been made to my "template" and asks me if I want to save them. I
uninstalled and reinstalled Word but the problem persists. Is this
dangerous? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm and fix the
problem files
Reboot
Restart Word then when prompted agree to the changes. You should not be
asked again.