Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Zmusashi Zmusashi is offline

Default compare documents: opens a NEW document?

Office 2004 is new to me and I can't see why this is happening: If I compare
a document with another document, it opens a new document with highlighted
changes. Is there any way to disable this and choose to simply show the
document I requested to view changes in with highlighted changes, as a recall
former versions of Word doing? I like to keep documents with created dates
and modified dates and so on.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you are actually using Office 2004 (a Mac version), you will probably get
a faster and more reliable response by posting in one of the Mac-specific
NGs starting at
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/communi...pid=newsgroups

"Zmusashi" wrote in message
Office 2004 is new to me and I can't see why this is happening: If I

compare
a document with another document, it opens a new document with highlighted
changes. Is there any way to disable this and choose to simply show the
document I requested to view changes in with highlighted changes, as a

recall
former versions of Word doing? I like to keep documents with created

dates
and modified dates and so on.

Can't get Word 2003 to keep data file with mail merge main documen Yourcareercoach Mailmerge 9 August 10th 06 12:19 PM
Mail Merge Data Question Tom Bean Mailmerge 7 May 26th 06 12:02 AM
Document Type Problem JoyceA Mailmerge 3 May 18th 06 11:19 AM
Compare documents using Track Changes Feature C Beck Microsoft Word Help 0 October 28th 05 05:29 PM
How can I compare 2 word documents to each other for differences? Kristine Microsoft Word Help 1 January 31st 05 11:15 PM