Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Karen Karen is offline

Default change column width

Hi,

I'm having trouble changing one of the column's width in my table. When I
put my cursor on the table line and move it, the text in the column starts to
"disappear". I think my problem may be the column marker at 6" which I
really would like to be rid of. How can I get rid of that? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Sounds like you're dragging the indent marker instead of the column
separator. I usually find it easier to drag the column border in the
document rather than on the ruler. If you don't see the column boundaries,
display the gridlines with Table | Show Gridlines.

For more info, see the section on resizing columns in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/TableBasics.htm