Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JRSNHECI JRSNHECI is offline

Default Change Default "Save As" Location

Hi! I'm using Word 2007 and when I go to "Save As", I always have to navigate
down through the same set of files to save to the location I want. Is there
a way to modify the default "save to" locaction? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JRSNHECI JRSNHECI is offline

Oops....forgot to mention, I am saving file attachments in e-mail messages,
not just an open Word document......Sorry

"JRSNHECI" wrote:

Hi! I'm using Word 2007 and when I go to "Save As", I always have to navigate
down through the same set of files to save to the location I want. Is there
a way to modify the default "save to" locaction? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Click on Office Button | Word Options | Advanced | File Locations, and
modify the location for "Documents" to the location you want.

JRSNHECI wrote:

Hi! I'm using Word 2007 and when I go to "Save As", I always have to navigate
down through the same set of files to save to the location I want. Is there
a way to modify the default "save to" locaction? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JRSNHECI JRSNHECI is offline

Thanks but this only changes the location for Open word documents. I am
looking to chagne the default save to location for Word douments sent as
e-mail attachments in Windows Mail. Any ideas?