Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alexander. Alexander. is offline

Default Auto complete tip of the auto text does not show up.

I am using office 97 word and whenever I type words in the auto text it does
not pop up as tip such that I can press enter to have the word in the
document. I went to the tools, auto correct and in the auto text tab I
selected the show tip box and pressed enter, It still does not indicate the
tip when typing the words from this feature. Help on this subject will be
greatly appreciated. I am using windows XP as my operating system, if this
information will help in diagnosing the problem.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The AutoComplete tip displays when you have typed enough letters of the
entry name (minimum four) to uniquely identify the AutoText entry. If two
entries begin with the same first four letters, you'll need to type five or
more until you have typed a unique series.

"Alexander." wrote in message
I am using office 97 word and whenever I type words in the auto text it

does
not pop up as tip such that I can press enter to have the word in the
document. I went to the tools, auto correct and in the auto text tab I
selected the show tip box and pressed enter, It still does not indicate

the
tip when typing the words from this feature. Help on this subject will be
greatly appreciated. I am using windows XP as my operating system, if this
information will help in diagnosing the problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alexander. Alexander. is offline

Indeed Suzanne! The AutoComplete is to display its tip when you type enough
letters, unfortunately my display does not indicate the tip on coming to the
end of the word, consider "sincerely" the tip does not indicate even after I
type "s-i-n-c-e-r-e-l" although merely one entry exists. It does not occur
for this word alone but for all words of the auto text entry data, moreover,
the show tip box on the auto text tab is checked. Fotunately, the adjacent
feature "autoCorrect" does not have any problem. This particular
feature"AutoText" has developed this malfunction. Guidance and suggestions
are welcome and appreciated.

"Alexander." wrote in message
I am using office 97 word and whenever I type words in the auto text it

does
not pop up as tip such that I can press enter to have the word in the
document. I went to the tools, auto correct and in the auto text tab I
selected the show tip box and pressed enter, It still does not indicate

the
tip when typing the words from this feature. Help on this subject will be
greatly appreciated. I am using windows XP as my operating system, if this
information will help in diagnosing the problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

AutoComplete was removed from Word 2007 (for technical reasons), but you can
still type the first four (or more) letters of the entry name and press F3.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The AutoComplete tip displays when you have typed enough letters of the
entry name (minimum four) to uniquely identify the AutoText entry. If

two
entries begin with the same first four letters, you'll need to type five

or
more until you have typed a unique series.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Alexander." wrote in message
I am using office 97 word and whenever I type words in the auto text

it
does
not pop up as tip such that I can press enter to have the word in the
document. I went to the tools, auto correct and in the auto text tab I
selected the show tip box and pressed enter, It still does not

indicate
the
tip when typing the words from this feature. Help on this subject will

be
greatly appreciated. I am using windows XP as my operating system, if

this
information will help in diagnosing the problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It sounds as if you are definitely doing everything right, then, and I can
only guess that some add-in may be interfering with the proper operation of
AutoComplete. To test this, you could start Word in Office Safe Mode (press
Ctrl while starting Word) or by using the /a start-up switch (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm for instructions)
to test whether AutoComplete works correctly when Word is in Safe Mode.

"Alexander." wrote in message
I am using office 97 word and whenever I type words in the auto text

it
does
not pop up as tip such that I can press enter to have the word in the
document. I went to the tools, auto correct and in the auto text tab I
selected the show tip box and pressed enter, It still does not

indicate
the
tip when typing the words from this feature. Help on this subject will

be
greatly appreciated. I am using windows XP as my operating system, if

this
information will help in diagnosing the problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alexander. Alexander. is offline

Thank you suzzane it is now functioning perfectly alright! I did start in
the safe mode and it appears to show the tip there! Later I tried the same in
the normal mode and the tip began to display. Moreover, I found a solution
for the words that have common name in the auto text menu. You name the auto
text menu for the first four words,eg, "sincerely yours" and sincerely are
two words that are found in my auto text menu, I named the second "sincerely"
as "since" and after I type "since" the tip "sincerely" display; thereafter
if "r" or "re" is typed then "Sincerely yours" is displayed. Thank you for
showing me to start word in the safe mode! I read the entire help section of
this word but unfortunately, I never encountered how to start in a safe mode
for word. Thank you once again for the information.

Regards,

Alexander.

"Alexander." wrote in message
I am using office 97 word and whenever I type words in the auto text

it
does
not pop up as tip such that I can press enter to have the word in the
document. I went to the tools, auto correct and in the auto text tab I
selected the show tip box and pressed enter, It still does not

indicate
the
tip when typing the words from this feature. Help on this subject will

be
greatly appreciated. I am using windows XP as my operating system, if

this
information will help in diagnosing the problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have both "Sincerely" and "Sincerely yours" as AutoText entries, then
you will definitely have to give one of them a different name (for example,
you could use "syours" for "Sincerely yours") if you want to be able to use
AutoComplete for them.

"Alexander." wrote in message
I am using office 97 word and whenever I type words in the auto

text
it
does
not pop up as tip such that I can press enter to have the word in

the
document. I went to the tools, auto correct and in the auto text

tab I
selected the show tip box and pressed enter, It still does not

indicate
the
tip when typing the words from this feature. Help on this subject

will
be
greatly appreciated. I am using windows XP as my operating system,

if
this
information will help in diagnosing the problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alexander. Alexander. is offline

To Suzanne,
The idea you jotted is precisely what I have executed, to
use both words containing "sincerely"You must rename the in the manner you
have indicated, earlier the program never displayed any tips, I was perplexed
for that reason but starting word in the safe mode solved that hassle. Thank
you once again for the valuable information.
Regards,
Alexander.

"Alexander." wrote in message
I am using office 97 word and whenever I type words in the auto

text
it
does
not pop up as tip such that I can press enter to have the word in

the
document. I went to the tools, auto correct and in the auto text

tab I
selected the show tip box and pressed enter, It still does not
indicate
the
tip when typing the words from this feature. Help on this subject

will
be
greatly appreciated. I am using windows XP as my operating system,

if
this
information will help in diagnosing the problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Glad we got that straightened out.

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you have both "Sincerely" and "Sincerely yours" as AutoText entries,
then
you will definitely have to give one of them a different name (for
example,
you could use "syours" for "Sincerely yours") if you want to be able to
use
AutoComplete for them.

so
all may benefit.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alexander. Alexander. is offline

Let me express my sincere and heart felt gratitude to you for your time and
consideration for answering the questions. Hope I could repay you for the
kindness, please retain this good work. Once again thank you for all the
necessary information.

Regards,

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

how do I get Word to auto complete the complete date? No Name New Users 8 September 25th 07 02:26 PM
auto complete suggestion annie Microsoft Word Help 4 February 24th 06 05:27 AM
Auto Complete JB Microsoft Word Help 2 February 9th 06 11:58 PM
Can I have text auto show in one place after it is entered in anot jacchops Microsoft Word Help 1 September 12th 05 09:32 PM
auto complete 8 lines of text? Bruce Microsoft Word Help 1 February 10th 05 08:05 PM