LTJ

Default Word XP template opens new doc in Web layout

I'm saving a template in print layout.
When open a new document using that template, the
document opens in web layout and changing to printlayout
doesn't help much as it's formated like my normal.dot.
I tried deleting normal.dot, didn't help. The template is
saved in printlayout.
I tried opening the email.dot og make a space and save
it, tried that with normal.dot too, but nothing helps, it
still keeps opening in web layout. I'm so frustrated,
what have I done for this to happen, I NEVER use anything
that has to do with web layout, do documents or templates
are saved in web layout.
Do I have to install Word or Windows again for this
problem to go away.
Can anybody help.
LTJ