Nikon

Default Word 2003 File Hangs

In my office multiple people need the same file to do reports with.
Sometimes when one user is done with the file there is a hidden file (you
know the one that is there when the file is open) that prevents anyone else
from using the same file. No other user is using the file, but the file is
there and I need to find out why and how to prevent it. Could someone help
me?
garfield-n-odie

When a user closes a Word file, Word is supposed to automatically delete the
related "owner" file, but most likely a network permission problem is
preventing the "owner" file from being deleted. This is not a setting that
can be changed from within Word.

"Nikon" wrote:

In my office multiple people need the same file to do reports with.
Sometimes when one user is done with the file there is a hidden file (you
know the one that is there when the file is open) that prevents anyone else
from using the same file. No other user is using the file, but the file is
there and I need to find out why and how to prevent it. Could someone help
me?

Graham Mayor

Is this a document or a template? Word does not allow multiple users to open
the same document for editing. Multiple users should be able to access the
same template to create documents, provided it is accessible to all via the
Workgroup folder and provided it is not normal.dot which should never be
shared.
See http://www.gmayor.com/Template_Locations.htm