Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
denisej77 denisej77 is offline

Default How can I get a hyphenated word to display in a TOC un-hyphenated

Hi, I have a word in a level 5 heading that needs to be hyphenated to display
correctly; is there a way to get the word to display unhyphenated in the TOC?

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Margaret Aldis Margaret Aldis is offline

I think you'll find that if you replace the hyphen with an optional hyphen
(Ctrl + - on main keyboard, or Insert Symbol Special), it will make the
break and hyphen in the heading, but not show up in the TOC.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"denisej77" wrote in message
Hi, I have a word in a level 5 heading that needs to be hyphenated to
display
correctly; is there a way to get the word to display unhyphenated in the
TOC?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
denisej77 denisej77 is offline

Default How can I get a hyphenated word to display in a TOC un-hyphena

Thank you so much, Margaret, this worked perfectly!