Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kenny Kenny is offline

Default Form Letter Creation

I am trying to create a form letter. I have two issues. This needs to work in
2003 and 2007. Dont want to use mail merge.

1. I want to be able to enter some information at the top of the document
and it to fill in diffrent spots in the letter such as name etc

2. I want to create a drop down box that based upon four choices It will
populate a text box or something with four diffrent addresses?

Please Help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You need a userform to select the information and insert it in the
document - see Word MVP FAQ - Userforms
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms.htm and
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm . You may also find
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm a useful alternative.

Kenny wrote:
I am trying to create a form letter. I have two issues. This needs to
work in 2003 and 2007. Dont want to use mail merge.

1. I want to be able to enter some information at the top of the
document and it to fill in diffrent spots in the letter such as name
etc

2. I want to create a drop down box that based upon four choices It
will populate a text box or something with four diffrent addresses?

Please Help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kenny Kenny is offline

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

With ActiveDocument
.Bookmarks("Text1").Range_
.InsertBefore TextBox1
.Bookmarks("Text2").Range_
.InsertBefore TextBox2
End With

UserForm1.Hide

End Sub

Why am i getting this error? Method or Data Memeber not found
Also I need to create a drop down that will have 4 choices, upon these four
choices i need to populate an address in the letter? Should I code the addys
in code or external data source??? Please Help and thanks!

Kenny wrote:
I am trying to create a form letter. I have two issues. This needs to
work in 2003 and 2007. Dont want to use mail merge.

1. I want to be able to enter some information at the top of the
document and it to fill in diffrent spots in the letter such as name
etc

2. I want to create a drop down box that based upon four choices It
will populate a text box or something with four diffrent addresses?

Please Help

Form creation problems petlover Microsoft Word Help 1 June 25th 07 09:07 PM
Form Letter HotRod Microsoft Word Help 5 September 5th 06 07:31 PM
Form Creation nocman Microsoft Word Help 2 March 29th 06 07:42 PM
form creation help Deb Microsoft Word Help 1 March 23rd 05 04:59 AM
Form Creation Ann Shaw Microsoft Word Help 0 February 4th 05 11:14 PM