Perfect-to-Word User

Default want to get rid of the "Markup" view as a default

Every time I open a document, I see all the formatting/text changes because
the view defaults to "Markup". I DO NOT want to see the markups unless I
choose to. Can anyone tell me how to change that defaut view. I always work
in "Page Layout" view so please don't tell me to change that view.

I wish there was more user control over all the formatting and choices in
Word.